- When setting up for a video shoot, even lighting is essential. In most cases, the biggest difference between a video shot professionally versus a video shot on an amateurs level is the quality of lighting in the video.
In a well lit video, even with use of a home camcorder, immediately delivers a professional image. In a poorly lit video, no matter how expensive the camcorder that you’re using is, the end result says " amateur".
Using fluorescent lights - A quick way to get smooth, even, lighting in your video is to use natural color fluorescent lights. Here are the advantages of using fluorescent:
- They don't produce any heat, which can be a real problem when shooting in confined spaces.
- They produce natural, even, lighting that tends to surround the subject.
- They don't produce harsh shadows.
- They don't blind the talent.
- They are quite affordable, less than $40 per fixture.
- They can be left on full time.