1. Create your big ideas and concepts into a visual story
- Whether it is marketing a product, distributing information, or client / customer testimonials, all is relevant and can be used to create a visual story.
- Visual illustrations will help tremendously as you attempt to bring your ideas and concepts to life. Come up with a linear story in visual form of how you would want your ideas or concepts to unfold. This will assist you as a guide during the production phase of your project.
- Refer to your storyboard when shooting video as this will guide you and help keep the vision of the project consistent with your initial concept. Feel free to revise your storyboard to achieve your desired result.
4. Edit video to highlight the most compelling and engaging content
- During the editing process, this is your opportunity to make sure that you are conveying the right message to your viewers in a compelling and engaging way. The sequential order of shots, correct use of audio, and proper use of images will determine the effectiveness of your visual masterpiece. So when editing, take your time and try different approaches and edits to see what best suits the project.
Written by Alphonso Dormun (Videography Expert)